HE. Mrs. Mona Ashraff
Honorary Consul General
Honorary Consul General of India in Swaziland, Mrs Mona Ashraff assumed charge as the Honorary Consul of India in the Kingdom of Swaziland on the 1st of September 2014. She completed her education in Zanzibar, Tanzania, in Business Administration and Fashion Designing courses as well as other programmes
Amongst her responsibilities and achievements are :
- Facilitating trade between Swaziland and India.
- Enhancing diplomatic relations between Swaziland and India, working in collaboration with India’s mission in Maputo.
- Facilitating training and scholarships for Swazi nationals aspiring to study in India under the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation.
- Facilitated bilateral talks leading to two lines of Credit from India to the Swazi Government for the IT Park (US$20 million) and for Agricultural Development and Mechanization (US$37.9 million)
- Proud annual host of the International Day of Yoga in Swaziland since it was first declared in the year 2015.
- Facilitated investments worth more than US$ 300 million between the Government of Swaziland and the Government of India in areas of energy, mining, infrastructure, health and agriculture amongst many others.
- Former Chairperson of the Hindu Community in Swaziland.